Friday, September 12, 2008

Reflections









I am one of those unusual people who really enjoy the early morning hours. I love the peace and quite...the time to reflect and study before the whir and blur of the day gets into full swing. I usually get up about 6:15 each and every morning. This morning as I was going out to get the papers I noticed that the sky was particularly clear following the night's rain and the stars were particularly bright. Right above my head, as it always is this time of year, was the constellation Orion. It dawned on me that the stars that make up this easily recognizable constellation are the same stars that were seen by George Washington, Alexander the Great, Moses and Job. They have always been there...never changed as have the other stars that make up all of our wonderful constellations. Now...I ask you...did all of this just happen by chance? Did a "big bang" really randomly throw all of these stars and planets into these perfect arrangements? From the smallest enzyme to the most towering red woods...from the majesty of the Great Smokey Mountains....to the beauty of a rushing Alaskan river...coincidence...I think not!

No comments: