Monday, September 15, 2008

On The Road Again


Finally! Retirement is so strange...Delinda and I retired when we did to be able to do more traveling. However...it seems we have stayed so busy that we are probably out in the motorhome less now than when we retired eight years ago. But, here we are...on the way to Lake Toxaway, North Carolina. We usually go for a week in October, but this was the only seven day period between now and Dec. 31 that we could squeeze out so we may miss the changing colors of the leaves, but we expect to find it a little cooler with forecasts running in the 50's and 60's and that's fine with me. We are in Perry, Ga tonight at the RV Park that we always use on this trip. I don't mind the 10 straight hours of driving coming home because the last two hours are on the flat Florida Interstate and Turnpike. But, I don't want the last two hours to be in the winding mountain roads of North Carolina, so we stop half way, here in Perry, and will "head up the hill" tomorrow. Beautiful weather today, and, I don't know if the price of fuel has anything to do with it, but we sure didn't experience the traffic that we usually do.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Where in Georgia is Perry????? Anyway, great post!!!! I'm updating mine today. I hope you have a great trip!