Friday, September 19, 2008

Lake Toxaway Reunion




Yesterday was a very special day for us. I still find it hard to believe that my two very best friends from my youth both live right here in the Asheville area. I grew up in Gainesville, FL where in the 9th grade I met Shannon Ginn who I discovered had the same birthday as mine which might explain why we became such fast friends. When the family moved to Lakeland, FL before the beginning of my 10th grade I met David Amsler whose family had also just moved to Lakeland and lived right down the street. Dave and I were kind of joined-at-the-hip for those three final years at good old Lakeland High School. Well....yesterday, Delinda and I were able to visit with both of these dear people. We had lunch with David and his lovely wife, Susan, in Brevard and learned that they are planning a delightful trip to the Tuscany area of Italy in the near future. We also look forward to returning to this very special part of the world someday. Then we drove another 15 miles to the lovely golf community of Cummings Cove to spend some time with Shannon who is one of the owners and developers. He gave us an extensive tour and what is planned there is most exciting. The views from the home sites are absolutely breath taking. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this very special day. The pictures above are of David and Susan with Delinda and me at one of our favorite restaurants, The HobNob in Brevard. The other picture is Shannon in front of the new Club House at Cummings Cove.

No comments: