Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Boise and the Blue Football Field







I guess ever since I saw my first game telecast from Bronco's Stadium in Boise...and saw that blue football field...and tried to adjust my TV until I realized that the field really was blue...I have wanted to see it in person. Well...today I did! We are staying just outside Boise on our way to Yellowstone and drove into town this afternoon and made the football stadium our first stop. As you can see the Boise State University Broncos are hard at work for their first game against Oregon. I don't know if I was supposed to be there or not as the sign said "Closed Practice," but nobody said anything and I took a few pictures. I can report that the field is as blue in person as it looks on TV. I also included a picture of the Idaho Capitol building which is undergoing some major renovation. Boise is a lovely town with a good mixture of the old buildings and the modern skyscrapers. The city is located in a valley (which today was very hot...in the 90's) right at the foothills of a mountain range. Tomorrow is a long day of driving as we head to Yellowstone.

1 comment:

StaceyK said...

Wow, that's a SERIOUSLY blue field... I think maybe even more than it looks on TV. Speaking of which, I'm so thrilled to have football on TV right now I can hardly stand it. ;) Yea football!!