Sunday, August 2, 2009

Arches National Park
















I always thought that the red rocks around Sedona, Arizona were spectacular until I saw Arches National Park. Even thought I could never live in the desert, I truly admire the raw beauty that is only seen in these dry, arid climates. Now, here in the Utah desert is one of natures real treasures. The towering red rock cliffs and the unusual rock formations and arches that have been carved out of this sandstone over millions of years make you realize just how fortunate we are to live at this time and be able to see these gorgeous results. The attached pictures don't really do justice to the panorama of the park. Hopefully, you will get a feel for this beauty and plan to visit one day...it really must be seen to be fully appreciated. I have a feeling that you may see that phrase more than once as we continue our travels. Tomorrow it is off to Zion National Park.

1 comment:

StaceyK said...

Wow, I'm just amazed at the pictures... they just get more fantastic every day! Guess I've just got to get out there one of these days. Looks like one of your best trips ever. Thanks for sharing the experiences as you go... LOVE the pix and descriptions. Keep having a wonderful time out there! Stace