Saturday, November 29, 2008

THANKSGIVING!

Without a doubt, Thanksgiving is one of my very favorite holidays. Unfortunately, because you don't have to buy anything (except food) to celebrate this wonderful day, the business world in general just kind of gives tacit acknowledgment to the fact that something special is happening on the last Thursday of November. This is very sad. As our family gathered around the table this past Thursday I thought about all that I have to be thankful for. There were nine of us representing four generations...all the way from my mother who is 90 to our youngest grandson, Christopher who is 8. What blessings! I thought about the God who gives all good things...especially His very own Son who died and rose again to make eternal joy possible. I thought about our freedom...and those who are trying so hard to take it away. I thought about the uncertainty of the coming days, but thankful knowing that through the grace of God and the will of the American people we will survive...and not only survive, but be stronger for the effort. I do hope that all of you were able to rejoice and give thanks on one of the most wonderful days of the year!

No comments: